Saturday, January 4, 2014

What A Fabulous Way To Start Off 2014!

Well, well, well.. here we are! First, I'd like to say welcome to the wonderful New Year! All these endless possiblities (that you didn't need to wait to the new year to have). Welcome to my blog. My name is Salena Raye, for those of you who didn't know. I guess I should probably tell a little about myself before I jump right into my first topic? Okay if you insist. I am soon to be 27 (oh no thats 30 if we're rounding by 10's :( ) I have a wonderful son. (almost 2, but already in terrible 2's) I am a veteran (hooah) and I am a full time student. I have great faith in GOD, and try daily to better my relationship with him. And I'm tons of fun to be around. Like seriously, I'm the shit when it comes to friends lol. Anyways on to the next subject. I think its only fitting to talk about New Year's resolutions considering it is just after the New Year and everybody makes one (or claims to not make one)

Although you do not have to wait until a New Year to start anything (since the time is now or some shit like that) I love the idea of beginning a new 365 days doing something that you weren't doing in the previous 365 days. The problem with that is habit. If you are habitual, and most people are, at doing something you mean to change, there is a greater chance of you failing to keep your resolution. So for my first post I'd like to just give a few tips on how to keep a resolution.

#1- Make your resolution realistic. I mean really. Don't come up with some shit like I want to be a millionaire by the end of the year, but you have no plan, don't work, aren't looking for work, etc. If you want to lose weight, but arent working out or eating right then youre not being realistic. Make your resolutions something challenging and just out of your reach so that you can push your limitations to reach it.

#2- Stay motivated. Because people constantly talk about resolutions and then forget about them probably by the second week of the year, there will be many naysayers. Keep your ears closed and your eyes open. Sometimes your only confidence has to come from you. So if you have to motivate yourself, get to it. Think of what your resolution is, why it is your resolution, and what it takes to get there, and do it!

#3- Develop a new habit in 21 days. Studies show that if you do something everyday for 21 days you develop it into a habit. Remember that first 2 weeks is the hardest. If you want to get better at something, consciously do it for 21 days in a row, without breaks to develop a habit of doing it, therefore making it easier. Once its engraved in your mind, itll be natural.

#4- Do it for yourself. Whatever resolution you come up with, let it be for you and no one else. People change, and so do situations. You need to do things you want to do because you want to do them, not because of someone elses influence.

#5- Trust yourself. You're spirit and body know what you want and what you need. Trust in yourself to succeed in these things and to follow through with what you want to do. You will be surprised with yourself.

That is all for the very first blog. I thank you all for reading. Tune in tomorrow for something new, probably about relationships. I always talk about that. If you want me to discuss anything in particular, hit me up on facebook at Salena Raye. Thanks so much for reading. God bless you and yours and your new year.

1 comment:

  1. Always a great idea to keep reminders close. Rather a reminder of your goal or a reminder of your motivation, if you happen to lose focus you have something tangible to keep you on track.

    GREAT BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete