Thursday, January 9, 2014

Side Dishes to a Main Course: Is being the side chick ever OK?

Oh my loves forgive me! I have been gone this last day or 2. But I am back, and I come bearing gifts! Another juicy topic that we all want to know about! Lets get started!

As many of us know, the show "Mary Jane" is back on BET. (WHOOOOHOOOO) And the show is basically centered around her being a side chick. (At first unknowingly, and then knowingly). Believe it or not, many if not all of us, have been in a situation similar to this. I know I have and more than once I must admit. I have been with a man who I could have easily fallen in love with, only to find out that the man of my dreams was either married or already involved seriously with someone else. It was devastating to say the least. And sad to say there were times where even after I'd found out I'd gone back, low self esteem or lonely days no doubt, and been with a man I knew belonged to someone else.

Now-a-days there are women who seek out men who have someone else so that they dont have to deal with the hassles of a real relationship. And while to some of us it may seem wrong, to others its perfectly fine.

So the question is? Who is right? Is being the side chick ever OK?

This question has no specific correct answer. It is a matter of opinion at best. Think about the show Scandal. Many of us are in love with Olivia and Fitz. Why? Because its passionate and they go to all of these extents to show their love. And many times everyone looks at Millie like she's the villian, but after all Fitz is in fact HER husband. What this says to me is people often favor passion and "true love" over what is "right". We love to see this, but imagine how the real life Millies feel? How hurt they are by their men being in love with another woman.

And then there are women who have no idea that their significant others are with other women. Is it fine to keep a side chick then? Does the old age saying, "what she doesnt know wont hurt her" stand true in this?

What about the side chicks that think eventually they can convince a man to leave his wife for them? This used to be something that people would say was foolish thinking, but in the more recent years, they have actually been leaving their wives for side chicks.

I want your opinions on this honestly. I can say what I think, but then I cant say how I'd feel because I know how I've felt before. Deception is hard to accept when you're in love. What do you ladies think? Do you think that side chicks are acceptable or if at anytime they are okay to have? What if you were the main chick? What if you thought you were the main chick and then found out you were the side chick? Would that be easy to walk away from? I want opinions!! Thanks for tuning in and I look forward to your answers!

1 comment:

  1. Some play football by basketball rules.
    Life is a contact sport. They won't call a foul if you get tackled. If you don't respect at least MARRIAGE don't expect the same when you are married.
    I say all of that to say this:
    People have to understand that morality isn't set in stone. What you may conceive as wrong may be perfectly acceptable to another. Not to be cliche but this is something, if it bothers you, that you should talk to your mate about & I don't personally see anything wrong with testing someones loyalty. It is your heart and you are responsible to protect it.

    "What if you thought you were the main chick and then found out you were the side chick?"
    I find the whole preposition askew. In my estimation either that is your husband or it isn't and until someone says they do it is safe to assume they don't. People fall in and out of MARRIAGES, let alone, relationships. I would suggest that you reserve your best self for the person you marry if you would feel betrayed by infidelity because it is really common especially in youth.

    ReplyDelete